What started out as another simple exercise has turned out to be a significant experience for me.
The combination of a simple (although still very discretionary, but apparently decent) method, and application of it within a predefined operating structure, has created an outcome that has had a powerful effect on my attitudes about my trading.
I’m just going to do a quick overview of the final stats here, but as you can see I was able to pass all of the criteria except the Profit Target. And I missed that target by only $140.
What’s important, to me anyway, is what I got out of this exercise. I proved to myself that I could stay within the risk and performance parameters, and nearly hit the Profit Target, which is a big deal for me. I also learned more about the day-in, day-out aspect of trading with an objective in mind.
Here are the final trade-by-trade and daily P/L charts.
I have other work to do today, but when I’m finished with that, I’ll be making preparations for my next developmental exercise.